Curry Tuna and Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Veganaise mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
Cook brown rice (recipe below), cool. Mix all ingredients together and chill overnight.
This salad is nice served along side a green salad. Arrange greens of your choice with something simple like cucumbers or tomatoes and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing (below).
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Shake all ingredients in a jar until well blended.
Easy Brown Rice
To cook rice, fill a pot three quarters full with water and bring to a boil. Rinse the rice using a sieve. Once the water is boiling, add the rice. Let the rice boil uncovered for 35 minutes, then remove from heat and drain all the water out. Put a lid on the pot and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove lid, sprinkle the rice with a half teaspoon of salt and fluff the rice with a fork.