Holiday Braised Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil*
- 1 cup diced shallots
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled, cut in thin slices, then in quarters
- large handful of green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- Herbamare seasoning (Whole Foods Market)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes. Place Brussels sprouts on the shallots and then remaining vegetables on top of the sprouts. Let cook for 10 minutes. Add water, cover and cook until tender. Dot with the remaining tablespoon of butter, sprinkle with the seasoning and parsley and cook 3 minutes more.
*Trader Joe’s Trader Grotto’s Sicilian (cold pressed) Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a blend of three olives from Sicily, packaged in Italy in a beautiful bottle. It’s light and delicious. Store it in the dark and use up within a month.