Holiday Braised Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, coconut oil, or light olive oil*
- 1 cup diced shallots
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled, cut in thin slices, then in quarters
- large handful of green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- Herbamare seasoning (Whole Foods Market)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes. Place brussel sprouts on the shallots and then remaining vegetables on top of the sprouts. Let cook for 10 minutes. Add water, cover and cook until tender, adding the remaining butter and sprinkling with the seasoning and parsley a few minutes before done.
*Trader Joe’s Trader Grotto’s Sicilian (cold pressed) Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a blend of three olives from Sicily, packaged in Italy in a beautiful bottle. It’s light and delicious. Store it in the dark and use up within a month.