Curry Tuna or Wild Salmon and Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cans tuna packed in water, drained or cooked wild salmon
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion* or shallots
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Veganaise mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
Cook brown rice (recipe below), cool. Mix all ingredients together and chill overnight.
This salad is nice served along side a green salad. Arrange greens of your choice with something simple like cucumbers or tomatoes and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing (below).
*You can soak the onions for 10 minutes or pickle them for 15 minutes to temper the bite of the raw onion and possibly make them easier to digest if you have problems with raw onions.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Shake all ingredients in a jar until well blended.
Easy Brown Rice
To cook rice, fill a pot three quarters full with water and bring to a boil. Rinse the rice using a sieve. Once the water is boiling, add the rice. Let the rice boil uncovered for 35 minutes, then remove from heat and drain all the water out. Put a lid on the pot and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove lid, sprinkle the rice with a half teaspoon of salt and fluff the rice with a fork.