Gluten-Free Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup avocado or light olive* oil
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s Just Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded organic coconut
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2 3 ounce 85% dark chocolate bars, cut into small pieces
Place oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and blend on low until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time mixing until incorporated. Add flour, almond meal, baking soda, salt and mix well. Add coconut, oats, and chocolate. Mix well.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 11 minutes. Cool on cookie rack. Eat right away or store in the refrigerator or freezer.
*Trader Joe’s Trader Grotto’s Sicilian (cold pressed) Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a blend of three olives from Sicily, packaged in Italy in a beautiful bottle. It’s light and delicious. Store it in the dark and use up within a month.