Fresh Peas and Summer Vegetable Sauté
- 1 light green zucchini or other light colored squash, sliced
- 2 yellow crookneck squash, sliced
- 1 yellow and 1 orange sweet pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh shelled peas
- 1/2 sweet white onion, sliced
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut, avocado oil or light olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet. Add all vegetables and sauté until tender. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
*Trader Joe’s Trader Grotto’s Sicilian (cold pressed) Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a blend of three olives from Sicily, packaged in Italy in a beautiful bottle. It’s light and delicious. Store it in the dark and use up within a month.