- 1 pound ground dark turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 package taco seasoning mix or Homemade Taco Seasoning (below)
- 1 28 ounce can mini diced tomatoes
- 2 16 ounce cans black, pinto or kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 8 3/4 ounce can corn with juice
Brown meat with onions and drain. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 30 min.
Serve with shredded cheddar, cilantro, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Recipe from https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/05/diy-homemade-taco-seasoning.html
This is the amount for 1 pound of meat.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Mix all ingredients together. (If you want to use this homemade taco seasoning recipe for tacos, brown the meat and drain. Add the seasoning and cook one minute. Add 3/4 cup water and a tablespoon of double tomato paste in a tube. Simmer 10 minutes.)