Pasta salads are like an ice cream party where you line up the ingredients and pick out what you want. So have some fun with this. Other options could be blanched broccoli florets, garbanzo beans, sliced mushrooms, diced red pepper, cut up tomatoes and rolled up and sliced mint leaves.
What’s also great about pasta salads is there’s no leafy greens to wilt from the dressing, making leftovers unpleasant. But if you want some leafy greens, like spinach or arugula, put some on your plate or bowl and spoon the pasta salad over them.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 2 1/2 cups multi colored quinoa pasta, cooked
- pieces of cooked chicken, extra firm (no water) tofu, cut in triangles, or fresh mozzarella, cut in cubes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced (chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 10 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pine nuts
- Trader Joe’s Feta with Mediterranean herbs or shaved parmesan
Put pasta, tofu, onions cucumber, parsley, basil and rosemary in a bowl. Shake oil, garlic and salt in a jar, drizzle over salad ingredients and mix together. Sprinkle with raw pine nuts and feta cheese.