Steamed Greens, Beets, Carrots and Sweet Potato
Use the amounts you need for the number of servings you want.
- swiss chard or collards, ribs removed and sliced into 1/2 ” pieces, and slice the leaves in 1″ slices
- golden beets, skin on, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- carrots, skin on, sliced in 1/4″ pieces
- sweet potato, skin on, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- parsnips, skin on, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- olive oil
Wash the vegetables and cut. Place the chard stems, beets, carrots and sweet potato in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes, add the sliced leaves and steam an additional 3 minutes for chard and 7 minutes for collards. Remove to a plate using tongs. Sprinkle with salt and some olive olive or butter or both.