Mixed Berry Salad With Almond Crusted Chicken and Sweet Vinaigrette
- 8 cups green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 4 cups mixed berries (strawberries, hulled and cut in half, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 4 Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- fresh basil leaves
- Sweet Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Place the berries in a bowl, cover and set in the refrigerator while you cook the chicken and make the vinaigrette. Arrange the lettuce on 4 plates and top with the berry mixture. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Slice the chicken breasts and lay the slices across the salads. Top with almonds and torn basil leaves.
Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 4 6 ounce chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- regular, gluten-free or grain-free flour (Tapioca flour works very well. Don’t use Tiger nut flour.)
- 2 beaten eggs
- almonds ground in a food processor so there are little pieces of almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
Place chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and pound to an even 1/2″ thick. Then sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Put some flour on one plate, beaten egg on a second plate, and almond meal on a third plate. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then the almond meal and chill for 30 minutes. Heat a skillet over medium high (closer to medium). Add the butter and oil. When these have melted place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Let cook for 4 minutes. Flip over and cook the other side for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- 1/2 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until well blended.